February 2, 2016 — DailyTrust is reporting that Novelist Ify Asia Chiemeziem is threatening to sue Nollywood producer Reginald Ebere for the alleged unauthorized adaptation of her e-book for a film produced by him. Speaking with…Read More
This week’s IP Lawyers Speakers Series guest is Senator Iyere Ihenyen, an Associate at Assizes Lawfirm and its sister-firm, The Write House. He is a graduate of the University of Benin and was called to the…
NLIPW Trademarks Law Volume 2 Number 24 Trademark Watch No. 24 (Advertising, Transportation and Cosmetics in Nigeria) January 21, 2016 Content: This article is part of a series that highlights trademark applications filed or advertised…
Lagos, Nigeria — The Nigerian Copyright Commission (NCC) yesterday arraigned Mr. Michael Orakwe popularly known as “Pandora” for illegal reproduction of musical works belonging to the famous late musician, Dr. Sir Warrior which copyright was later…
We recently launched our IP Lawyers Speakers Series, where we talk with lawyers practicing various aspects of Intellectual Property Law, Entertainment Law and much more. Recently, we sat down with IP lawyer, Angela Adebayo to find out…
Copyright Commission Arraigns Man for Book Piracy in Lagos
On Wednesday January 20, the Nigerian Copyright Commission arraigned a man before Justice M. B. Idris of the Federal High ..
COSON Set to Inaugurate the Nigerian Digital Music Monitoring Group
October 20. 2015 — According to the Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON), it has concluded plans for the inauguration of the ..
COSON Begins Digital Monitoring of Music Broadcast in Nigeria
September 27, 2015 — Recently, the Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) announced that it has begun the digital monitoring of ..
- Travelstart Raises US$40 Million to Capture Africa’s Online Travel Market February 3, 2016 NLIPW Newsroom
- Nigerian Actor Accuses Globacom of Copyright Violation, Threatens Lawsuit — Premium Times January 26, 2016 NLIPW Newsroom
- Human Rights Group Calls for Investigation of NAFDAC, SON and others January 14, 2016 NLIPW Newsroom
- Musician Association Proposes Multi-billion Naira Entertainment Village in Edo State January 11, 2016 NLIPW Newsroom
- Court Adjourns Guinness Suit Against NAFDAC to allow for Possible Settlement December 23, 2015 NLIPW Newsroom
- Copyright Owners Pleads with Nigerian Copyright Commission to Drop Charges against MTN Nigeria December 20, 2015 NLIPW Newsroom
The Ministry of Supply and Ministry of Military Production in Egypt have funded a project in order to prevent consumers ..
Accra, Ghana — Ghana recently launched a National Intellectual Property policy to protect local innovations, inventions, creators and user of ..
New York — This past Monday, Starbucks Corporation filed a suit in New York against a rival coffee chain, Obsidian ..
According to patent analysis firm IFI Claims, International Business Machines (IBM) was awarded the most patents in the U.S. in ..