In Nigeria, trademarks are valid for 7 years after registration. Following the initial period of registration, Applicants may renew trademarks from time to time. Each renewal is valid for 14 years from the date of the expiration…Read More
This week’s IP Lawyers Speakers Series guest is Mr. Lawrence Nnoli, a Criminal Law Lawyer and a Prosecutor with the Nigerian Copyright Commission (NCC). He has several years of experience in diverse areas of law including corporate…
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has launched the 2016 guidelines for its regulatory activities. The guidelines were developed through the support of the World Health Organisation (WHO), Path2, and…
Understanding the legal and regulatory requirements that govern product registration is vital for businesses looking to import food products into the Nigerian market. In Nigeria, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control…
According to the Director General of the National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP), Dr. DanAzumi Mohammed Ibrahim, Nigeria’s quest to navigate into a technologically dependent nation rather than a constant consumer of foreign…
We Have Seized N8.1bn Pirated Works — NCC
May 3, 2016 — According to the Nigerian Copyright Commission (NCC), over the last five years, the agency has seized ..
COSON Starts Licensing Public Performance Rights for Sound Recordings
May 2, 2016 — The Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) recently announced that it will pursue the licensing of sound recording ..
Nigerian Copyright Commission Arrests Two for DSTV Broadcast Piracy
April 1, 2016 — Following complaints from Multi-Choice and as a result of surveillance operations, armed policemen accompanied by the ..
- NAFDAC Confiscates Fake and Unregistered Drugs in Osun State April 9, 2016 NLIPW Newsroom
- Standard Organisation of Nigeria Seals Multi-Million Naira Yogurt Firm in Kaduna April 6, 2016 NLIPW Newsroom
- NOTAP, FIRS Partnership Critical to Sustainable Economic Development of Nigeria – NOTAP DG April 2, 2016 NLIPW Newsroom
- NAFDAC Destroys N1 Billion Fake Products in Ogun State March 25, 2016 NLIPW Newsroom
- NAFDAC Collaborates with Niger State Government to Fight Street Hawking of Drugs March 23, 2016 NLIPW Newsroom
- Press Release | 11th International Conference on ICT for Development, Education and Training in Cairo – May 24 – 26 March 23, 2016 NLIPW Newsroom
May 4, 2016 — Last week, the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) released its 2016 Special 301 ..
According to Reuters, Beyoncé is suing a Texas clothing company called Feyoncé, Inc. for selling shirts, mugs (emblazoned with sayings ..
The government of India recently launched a portal (The Indian IP Panorama) which will act as a single window interface ..
In a lawsuit filed earlier this week, Oracle alleges that HPE partnered with TERiX Computer Company, an independent maintenance-support provider, to ..