Bayero University, Kano was established in 1975 when it was renamed from Bayero University College and upgraded from University College to university. BUK is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the large city of Kano. Bayero University, Kano officially accredited and/or recognized by the National Universities Commission, Nigeria. The University is a medium coeducational higher education institution which offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. BUK also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, sport facilities and/or activities, as well as administrative services. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment at BUK.
University Name: Bayero University Kano
Year Established: 1975
University Motto: “وفوق كل ذي علم عليم“
Motto in English: “…and above every possessor of knowledge there is one more learned”
Country Rank: 19
World Rank: 6182
Academic Calendar: Semesters
Law School: Yes, Faculty of Law
Other Faculty: Yes, Bayero University Kano has other faculties including College Of Health Science, Agriculture, Arts and Islamic Studies, Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Computer Science and Info. Tech., Communications, Dentistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Education, Engineering, Law, Life Sciences, Social and Management Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physical Sciences.
The University has other Centre, Directorate and Units including
- Center For Advanced Medical Research
- Center For African And Entrepreneurship Research
- Center For Biotechnology Research
- Center For Dryland Agriculture
- Center For Infectious Diseases
- Center For Renewable Energy
- Center For Research In Nigerian Languages And Folklore
- Centre For Gender Studies
- Centre For Islamic Civilization And Interfaith Dialogue
- Centre For Democratic Research & Training
- Directorate Of Research Innovation And Partnership
BUK also have the schools including Dangote Business School, School Of Continuing Education, School Of Postgraduate Studies, School Of General And Entrepreneurial Studies.
Accreditation: Bayero University, Kano is accredited by the National Universities Commission, Nigeria.
Affiliations and Memberships
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW)
Library Collection: Yes, BUK Library
Trademark Filings and University Licensing: Not Reported
Degrees and Certificates Awarded: Multiple including Bachelor degrees, Masters Degrees, Doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
Social Media: Nil