Babcock University is a private Christian co-educational Nigerian university owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Nigeria.
The university is located equidistant between Ibadan and Lagos. Babcock University was established in 1959 as a non-profit private higher education institution located in the suburban setting of the medium-sized town of Ilishan-Remo, Ogun. Babcock University was named after an American missionary by the name of David C. Babcock, who pioneered the work of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Nigeria in 1914.
Babcock University (BU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees in several areas of study. BU also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, sport facilities and/or activities, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services.
International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment at Babcock University.
University Name: Babcock University
Year Established: 1959
University Motto: Knowledge, Truth, Service
Country Rank: 18
World Rank: 6232
Academic Calendar: Semesters
Law School: Yes
Other Faculty: Yes, Babcock hosts nine schools and one college including
- School of Agriculture & Industrial Technology
- Babcock Business School
- College of Health & Medical Sciences
- School of Basic & Applied Science (formerly known as Science & Technology)
- School of Computing &Engineering Sciences
- School of Education and Humanities
- School of Law & Security Studies
- School of Nursing
- School of Public & Applied Health
- School of Post Graduate Studies
The University has other Centre and Units including Human Resources, BUTH, Facility Management, Int’l Students Centre, Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Innovation and International Cooperation (RIIC).
Accreditation: Babcock University is accredited by the National Universities Commission, Nigeria.
Other Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations
- Nursing and midwifery council of Nigeria (NMCN)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN)
- West African Health Examination Board (WAHEB)
- Council of Legal Education (CLE)
Affiliations and Memberships
- Association of African Universities (AAU)
Library Collection: Yes, BU LIBRARY
Trademark Filings and University Licensing: Not Reported
Degrees and Certificates Awarded: Multiple including Bachelor degrees, Masters Degrees, Doctorate degrees in several areas of study.