November 14, 2016 — Goods and Services in Nigeria are categorized from Classes 1 – 45. Classes 1 – 34 are for goods while classes 35 – 45 are for services. In this article, we review some of the goods which fall under Class 29 in Nigeria.
Class 29 includes meat, fish, poultry and game; eggs; milk and milk products; meat extracts; jellies, jams, compotes; preserved, frozen, dried and cooked fruits and vegetables; edible oils and fats etc.
You would choose Class 29 if you were registering any of the following types of services:
|Oils and Fats, chocolate nut butter and cocoa butter, coconut butter, coconut fat, coconut oil, edible fats, edible oils, palm kernel oil for food, palm oil for food, fat-containing mixtures for bread slices, olive oil for food, sunflower oil for food, maize oil and corn oil, etc.||Fish and Seafood, shrimps [not live], sardines, tuna fish, oysters [not live], snail eggs for consumption, lobsters [not live], caviar, clams [not live], crayfish [not live], crustaceans[not live], fish fillets, fish [not live], fish, preserved, fish, mussels [not live], prawns [not live], salmon, salted fish, etc.||Dairy Products, protein milk, butter, buttercream, cheese, condensed milk, cream [dairy products], margarine, milk, milk beverages, milk products, milk shakes,soya milk whipped cream, yoghurt/yogurt etc.|
|Prepared Meals, Snacks and Desserts, broth, fruit-based snack food, potato crisps and chips, potato fritters, potato flakes, sausages in batter, preparations for making soup, soups, vegetable soup preparations.||Fruit and Vegetable Spreads, tomato purée, apple purée, fruit, preserved, ginger jam, compotes, cranberry sauce [compote], hummus, jams, jellies for food, marmalade, meat jellies, peanut butter, etc||Meats, animal marrow for food, bacon, ham, liver, meat, meat extracts, meat, preserved, meat, pork, poultry [not live], salted meats, sausages, tripe, etc|
|Egg Products, eggs, powdered eggs, white of eggs, yolk of eggs, deviled eggs, dried eggs, egg creams, egg substitutes, frozen eggs, etc.||Tinned Products, tinned fruit, tinned fish, tinned olives, tinned meat, tinned tomatoes, tinned vegetables, etc.||Processed Fruits and vegetables, preserved peppers, processed avocados, almonds, ground, beans, preserved, frozen fruits, fruit peel, fruit chips, fruit salads, fruit preserved in alcohol, fruits, preserved garlic, low-fat potato chips, mushrooms, preserved, nuts, prepared, olives, preserved, onions, peas, pickles, raisins, processed sunflower seeds, soya beans, tomato juice for cooking, vegetable juices for cooking, vegetable salads, vegetables, cooked, vegetables, etc.|
You would NOT use Class 29 if you were registering any of the following services:
- Vermin exterminating (other than for agriculture, horticulture and forestry) (Class 37 – Construction and Repair Services)
- Installation and repair services for irrigation systems (Class 37 – Construction and Repair Services)
- Ambulance transport (Class 39 – Shipping and Travel Services)
- Animal slaughtering services and taxidermy (Class 40 – Material Treatment Services)
- Timber felling and processing (Class 40 – Material Treatment Services)
- Animal training services (Class 41 – Education and Entertainment Services)
- Health clubs for physical exercise (Class 41 – Education and Entertainment Services)
- Scientific research services for medical purposes (Class 42 – Science and Technology Services)
- Boarding for animals (Class 43 – Food Services)
- Retirement homes (Class 43 – Food Services)
This article is intended to provide general information about the subject matter. Professional legal advice should be sought about specific circumstances.