Deadline: May 1, 2020
For each project a partnership is created between the HEINEKEN Africa Foundation, the local HEINEKEN brewery and a local or international (N)GO. The Foundation provides funding and administrative assistance. The local brewery supports through means of manpower, expertise and monitoring. The (N)GO is responsible for the implementation and continuation of the project.
How to apply
Project proposals can only be submitted by the local HEINEKEN operating companies in close collaboration with a (N)GO. By making use of HEINEKEN’s local infrastructure and network we believe that we can make a bigger impact.
An eligible project proposal:
- focusses on Mother & Child care or WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene)
- directly improves the health situation for needy communities living in the environment of a HEINEKEN Sub-Saharan African organization. See here where HEINEKEN operates.
- cooperates with global and/or local partners (NGOs/GOs/overseas development ministries/international organizations)
- has measurable positive results
- has a sustainable follow-up or clear conclusion
- is approved and motivated by the General Manager of the related HEINEKEN operation
- is submitted to the HAF General Manager by the local HEINEKEN operating company
- does not exceed the maximum requested amount of EUR 500,000 over a 3-5 year period (with a maximum of EUR 175,000 per year)
The HEINEKEN Africa Foundation excludes projects that:
- may lead to a direct commercial benefit for the local HEINEKEN operation
- replace health benefits currently provided to HEINEKEN employees and their family members
- focus on adolescents (in the age of primary and secondary school)
- are research projects, scholarships and medical or health-related events and conferences
Does your project comply with these criteria? Please contact the local HEINEKEN operating company to further discuss your project proposal.