November 23, 2016 — The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) is alerting the Public about the recall of some drugs manufactured by Ta Fong Pharmaceutical Company Limited, over quality concerns.
The affected products are;
- Urodine F.C. Tablets SGP-56569
- Dicokan Tablets (30mg) SGP-56102
- Toeefon Tablets (250mg) SGP-56387
- Shoren Suppositories (12mg) SGP-60943
- Molin Tablets (10mg) SGP-62483
- Famoster Film coated Tablets (20mg) SGP-62850
- Lincomycin solution for injection (300mg/ml) HK-61712
- Clindamycin Capsules (150mg) SGP-64191
According to NAFDAC, these products have not been registered with the agency and as such should ideally not be in circulation in the Nigerian market.
The importers and the general public are implored to avoid the importation, purchase or use of these products.
Reporting to NAFDAC
NAFDAC is asking for all members of the public particularly health workers to provide any information on the distribution and sale of the product. Reports can either be made to the nearest NAFDAC office, NAFDAC PRASCOR or informants can send text messages to 20543 (TOLL FREE from all networks) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org