OFF-SHORE OIL REVENUES (REGISTRATION OF GRANTS) ACT
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Registration of grants in the States.
2. Short title.
An Act to make provisions for all instruments relating to any lease, licence, permit
or right issued or granted to any person in connection with the petroleum indus-
try in Nigeria to continue to be registrable in the States which are contiguous to
the territorial waters and the continental shelf of Nigeria, notwithstanding any-
thing to the contrary in any other enactment.
[1972 No. 23.]
[1st April, 1971]
- Registration of grants in the States
(1) All registrable instruments relating to any lease, licence, permit or right issued or
granted to any person in respect of the territorial waters and the continental shelf of Nige-
ria shall, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in any enactment, continue to be reg-
istrable in the States of the Federation, respectively, which are contiguous to the said ter-
ritorial waters and the continental shel f.
(2) Where there appears any dispute as to whether or not any instrument as aforesaid
is registrable in any State, the question shall be determined by the President.
(3) The references in this Act to the “territorial waters” and the “continental shelf’
are references to those expressions as defined in the Territorial Waters Act and the Pe-
troleum Act, respectively.
[Cap. T5. Cap. P10.]
2. Short title
This Act may be cited as the Off-Shore Oil Revenues (Registration of Grants) Act.
No Subsidiary Legislation