Following a recent rise in reported health issues of serious and potential life-threatening effects due to the use of the product, Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS), the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control has been notified that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a fresh warning to consumers about the significant dangers of Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS).
Miracle Mineral Solution is a 28 percent sodium chlorite in distilled water. Product directions instruct people to mix the sodium chlorite solution with citric acids, such as lemon or lime juice, or another acid before drinking. The mixture becomes chlorine dioxide, a powerful bleaching agent. Both sodium chlorite and chlorine dioxide are the active ingredients in disinfectants and have additional industrial uses. They are not meant to be swallowed by people.
The products are known by various names, including Miracle or Master Mineral Solution, Miracle Mineral Supplement, MMS, Chlorine Dioxide (CD) Protocol, and Water Purification Solution (WPS).
The product currently is not approved by FDA as safe for treating any illness but promoters and some distributors are making false and dangerous claims that Miracle Mineral Supplement mixed with citric acid is an antimicrobial, antiviral, and antibacterial liquid that is a remedy for autism, cancer, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, flu, and other conditions.
Side effects of the product according to reports include severe vomiting and diarrhea, life-threatening hypotension (low blood pressure), and liver failure.
NAFDAC implores importers, distributors, retailers, and consumers to immediately stop the importation, distribution, sale, and consumption of Miracle Mineral Solution.
Members of the public in possession of the affected products are implored to discontinue sale or use and submit stock to the nearest NAFDAC office.