Deadline: February 1, 2019
Applications are open for the Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarship 2018 at TU Delft in the Netherlands. These scholarships give talented, motivated and broadly interested students from SubSaharan Africa the opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology.
The Global Initiative aims to support capacity building in the Global South and to advance future leadership focusing on sustainable global development. The UN Sustainable Development Goals are a guiding principle for the TU Delft. TU Delft | Global Initiative offers four Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships every year. From the students, TU Delft and Global Initiative expect that they are willing to act as their ambassadors during their studies and after graduation.
What Does the Scholarship Cover
- Scholarship covers full tuition fees for a TU Delft MSc program and living expenses for 2 years. €25,000 per year for Sub-Saharan students;
- Membership to the Scholarship club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars, etc.;
- A MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative;
- Be an ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
- Open to students admitted to one of TU Delft’s MSc programs with an accumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in your bachelor’s degree;
- Applicants should have a degree from an accredited university in one of the mentioned countries.
Which Countries are Eligible to Participate?
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
How Can I Apply?
- Complete your application for a Non EU. Check the admission requirements.
- Complete, in addition to all the regular documents for a MSc program application, the Application Form for a Sub-Saharan Africa Scholarship (available per 1 October 2018).
- Upload your MSc application and the Application for Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarship before 1 February 2019.