The International Center for Journalists seeks outstanding applicants with a strong background in digital journalism for a six-month ICFJ Knight Fellowship to help investigative reporters in the MENA region produce stories that are cutting-edge and compelling to audiences. The Fellow will work with Arab Reporters For Investigative Journalism (ARIJ), the leading organization supporting investigative journalists around the region. With ARIJ, the Fellow will help selected ARIJ member newsrooms in the region to enhance their use of digital technology and adopt new workflows and models that will enable them to be innovative beyond the Fellowship.
Fellowship outputs will include:
- A report that summarizes successes and lessons learned, and provides a model for editors hoping to emulate them to marry investigative reporting with digital storytelling after the Fellowship
- A list of recommendations on how to improve digital storytelling at ARIJ after the Fellowship
- A presentation at the ARIJ Forum in December that will draw on lessons learned in Jordan and the region and the potential he/she sees for digital storytelling in MENA
- Regular communication with ICFJ regarding key project impacts, analytics and metrics
- Blog-style posts for the Knight International Media Innovators section of IJNet.org drawn from the Fellows’ thought leadership and lessons learned during the Fellowship
This Fellowship offers several additional opportunities for the Fellow:
- Gaining greater visibility as a leader of cutting-edge projects that transform journalism, which includes promotion through ICFJ’s online channels such as IJNet.org and opportunities to speak at major conferences
- Joining the prestigious global network of ICFJ Knight Fellows
- Bolstering his/her entrepreneurial and leadership expertise
The Fellowship will be based in Amman, Jordan, with some travel to other countries in the region, most likely Tunisia and Lebanon. This Fellowship may be extended beyond six months contingent upon funding, performance of the Fellow and opportunities for greater impact.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with the goal of the Fellowship starting July 2018. If you are interested in being a candidate, please apply here, and select “ARIJ/MENA” on page one of the form. You can direct any questions to: Luisa Pires Luciano at email@example.com.