Deadline: August 1, 2019.
|Location :||UNDP at Headquarters in New York or in a regional or country office|
|Application Deadline :||01-Aug-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||16d 10h 59m|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English French Portuguese|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One-year Fellowship|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||One-year Fellowship|
Duties and Responsibilities
Assignment and conditions
The African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme offers an interesting assignment with UNDP at Headquarters in New York or in a regional or country office.
Following a joint induction by AUC and UNDP, Fellows will work under the supervision and coaching of an experienced UNDP people manager and will participate in a mentorship and transformative leadership development training programme jointly developed by AUC and UNDP.
Key areas of work relate to supporting:
- collection and analysis of information on SDGs and Agenda 2063
- SDG implementation and experimentation
- promising areas of innovation, South-South and Tri-lateral collaboration, partnerships and resource mobilisation that accelerate UNDP’s programme implementation
The Fellowship Programme will cover expenses related to travel and medical insurance. In addition, each Fellow will be paid a stipend to cover accommodation and living costs at the respective duty station.
To be considered for the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- National of an AU Member State
- Aged below 34 years at the date of application
- Hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, or other relevant fields
- Maximum 1 year of working experience in research, analysis and programme/project development, implementation and management
- Available in 2019/20 to dedicate 12 months for a fellowship programme and available to participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa from October 2019.
- Willing to live and work outside their country of residence
- Proficiency in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese) and working knowledge of English
- Understanding of, and interest in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Africa’s Agenda 2063
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, evaluating information accurately, analysing and identifying key issues and solutions.
- initiative, client-orientation, and working in teams, and complex and time-pressured contexts, field experience in an African country
- experience in developing technical proposals
- leadership, innovation and technology and setting up networks/hubs/hangouts
An offer to the 20 most successful and talented candidates to join the African Women Leaders Fellowship Programme.
For more information on the fellowship program, click here.