CALLING ALL AFRICAN WOMEN CHANGE-MAKERS!!
SECOND CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – 2020
Is your organisation an African feminist or women’s rights organisation with cutting edge ideas for advancing women’s rights and creating systemic change? Is your organisation led and largely staffed by women, and registered on the African continent? If yes, then you can apply for this AWDF grant in one or more of the thematic areas listed below:
1. ECONOMIC SECURITY & JUSTICE
• Defending women’s economic rights and justice including mobilizing women in rural contexts, urban economies, and/or in non-traditional work
• Building ideas and models around women’s economic futures
• Defending women’s land, property and inheritance rights
• Securing women’s housing rights, particularly in the context of urbanization
• Advancing climate and environmental justice.
2. BODY & HEALTH RIGHTS
• Ending violence against women in all forms through prevention and/or response.
• Advancing the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and girls, including on issues of sexual orientation and reproductive choice
• Promoting women’s emotional well-being and mental health
• Prevention and management of issues around women and HIV/AIDS
• Building awareness and feminist responses to the rise of non-communicable diseases (including cancers, diseases of lifestyle and nutrition).
3. LEADERSHIP, PARTICIPATION & PEACE
• Promoting women’s leadership and meaningful participation in decision making, including building feminist leadership for social, political and economic change
• Advancing participation in governance and decision-making at all levels for a greater diversity of African women
• Defending civic operating space for women’s rights organisations and defenders
• Promoting women’s human security and peace in all contexts
4. POST-COVID 19 RESPONSE & ADVOCACY
The economic and social impacts of COVID19 are starkly gendered- a fact that is evident as we all manage the immediate health threats and economic and social crises caused by the pandemic, and as we plan for a post-COVID future. AWDF is seeking to support African women’s organisations working to respond to COVID19 beyond immediate emergency service delivery operations- in particular those seeking to use this opportunity to support deeper change in our economic, social and political systems.
AWDF encourages applications for work that is led by and supports the leadership and concerns of women facing multiple discrimination (women with diverse abilities; women living with HIV and AIDS, young women, LBTQ communities, women sex workers, women in the rural areas and marginalized women in urban areas.
For more details on the call for proposals, click here
Please click on the links below to download the following documents:
How to Apply
Download and complete application forms here