Deadline: August 13, 2019
The WWF Nedbank Green Trust is now accepting applications to fund innovative projects aimed at solving some of the greatest socio-environmental challenges in South Africa.
The objectives of the Trust are:
- To maintain and enhance the integrity of South Africa’s ecological assets.
- To promote that ecological systems and their services underpin the social and economic well-being of South Africa.
- And to address the risks and opportunities posed by climate change by providing funding for innovative environmental conservation solutions through a diversified portfolio of projects with geographic, thematic and multi-organizational representation.
- Mainly South Africa
- Strong focus on environmental outcomes relevant to the well-being of people
- Innovative and transferable environmental outcomes solutions
- Environmental Outcomes Contribution
- People Centered
- Catalyzing impact at scale
- National Reach
- Relevance to big social issues
What is the trust looking for?
- Is the project catalytic and can it be scaled up to national execution (future funding, will have a custodian, has a good outcome that is a great product that will scale up)?
- If the project goes to scale, will it contribute significantly to achieving the environmental outcomes?
- Are people intrinsic in the value proposition of the project? Is it valuable, unique, innovative and transferable? Can or will this project be adopted by others to scale up?
- Does the project fit with the Trust’s environmental outcomes strategy? To ensure synergy the Trust strongly recommends a close working relationship with the WWF SA programme managers in the development of projects before they are submitted in order to increase the chances of their approval.
How to Apply
For more information on how to apply, please click here.