Deadline: August 16, 2019
About this Opportunity:
The Access Bank ART X Prize seeks to bolster the efforts of emerging artists who have demonstrated a commitment to careers as professional visual artists.
ART X believes that supporting such talent will ensure the continued growth of the visual art sector in Nigeria. In the absence of infrastructure that exists in other international centres for contemporary art, the Access Bank ART X Prize was launched to contribute to the burgeoning contemporary art sector in Nigeria.
The 2019 Prize Features
- N 1,500,000 towards a project in progress
- Solo presentation of the project at ART X Lagos
- Mentoring and networking support to realize, promote, and contextualize the project
- A three month residency at Gasworks in London in 2020
- A practicing visual artist for 3 years or more
- Not currently enrolled as a student
- Nigerian citizen, living and working in Nigeria
All applications must be submitted online. Submissions in any other format will not be accepted.
- One PDF document containing:
- 100-word artist statement
- 100-word narrative bio
- 3-page maximum CV of highlights, focusing on the last 3 years
- 250-word proposal of a work in progress to present at ART X Lagos
- Contact information for 2 references; one must be based in Nigeria
- Budget detailing expenses incurred to date, outstanding expenses, and income or other monetized support for the project
- Website and Instagram handle (optional)
Images to be submitted:
- 5 supporting images (no more than 2MB each). These may include images of past work and images related to the proposed project. Complete caption information for each image should be as follows: title, year, medium, dimensions, and any additional information.
- Image of studio in current state.
- Proof of Nigerian citizenship (National Passport).
Contact will be made with finalists only. All finalists will present to judges and receive feedback. The winner will be declared upon conclusion of the presentations and deliberations by the Jury.
For more information on how to apply, click here