Deadline: July 28 2019
The Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting at Maynooth University in Ireland is pleased to announce that one (1) departmental PhD Studentships will be available for one student intending to commence PhD studies in Economics in September 2019 or in the early stage of PhD studies (less than one year).
The applications will be evaluated by the PG Research Committee of the Economics, Finance and Accounting Department and results will be communicated to the applicants during the month of August 2019.
Full-time postgraduate research degree students commencing a program of study in September 2019 or in the early stage of PhD studies (less than one year) are eligible to apply for studentship support in the Department. Students who have fees paid from external sources are not eligible to apply.
- Full annual tuition fee support (approximately €6200 per annum);
- A fixed maintenance award of €9007 per annum;
- Participation in departmental activities as a Graduate Teaching Assistant with a requirement to undertake teaching support duties for up to 25% of the notional study year. This will involve up to 455 hours of teaching support duties in the course of a year, with not more than 20 hours in any one week. These duties will be carried out under the direction of the Head of Department, or a member of staff nominated by the Head.
- The studentship will be awarded for the duration of the studies, subject to satisfactory annual review of progress in research, and performance in teaching support.The studentship will be awarded for 5 years or 4 years depending on whether the successful student is commencing study or is in the early stage of PhD studies. Five (5) or four (4) years is the expected duration of the studies, subject to satisfactory annual review of progress in research, and performance in teaching support.
To be eligible, you must be;
- A student intending to commence PhD studies in Economics in September 2019 or in the early stage of PhD studies (less than one year).
- Participants who will apply for a PhD degree program within the Department of Economics, Finance, and Accounting at the university.
Application and Selection Procedure
Appointments will be made by the Head of Department based on a transparent internal recruitment process that meets the needs of the Department.
Applicants for the studentship are asked to submit to firstname.lastname@example.org (please put “Graduate Teaching Studentship” in subject line) by no later than 5.00pm on Sunday 28th of July 2019 :
- a cover letter outlining their interest in and suitability for the position, highlighting their experience in teaching/tutoring and related activities and the relevance of their proposed research to the Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting;
- a Curriculum Vitae;
- an outline of their proposed PhD research (2500-3000 words).